Tuesday 19 July 2011

“My life as a Vampire”





Load shedding time so I decided to write a story on MS Word as modem was not connected to the generator thus no internet, thus nothing to do.  :)


With fresh blood dripping from his fangs, I stared in horror as he slowly advanced towards me wearing a cunning smile. I tried to escape, I tried to run but it was too late. I stood frozen, hypnotized by his mysterious yellow eyes.
His icy fangs slowly dug deeper and deeper into my throat and I could feel my blood abandoning me, cursing me to become an immortal monster. 
From now on, every night I would venture into the streets, sucking blood from any mortal I could find. My taste buds had developed a liking for sweet blood. I killed every night out of cold blood, without a single shred of remorse. I knew this was inhumane but I had to do this. Maybe I was being selfish or maybe I was just too afraid to face death and put an end to my killing spree. 
When sucking blood out of humans, Count Machulla usually killed them rather then turning them into vampires. I did not know why I was chosen to become one of them. I did not know why I had to carry the burden of using my own race as my life force.
Night after night I pondered over my status. Was this part of the normal food chain? As humans eat other animals, was it okay for me to kill them for my very own survival? Or had I indeed betrayed humanity? 
These subconscious thoughts grew larger and larger as I killed more and more humans. Guilt shrouded my heart as I realized the sad truth; I had truly become a monster.
I had to become a rebellion to put an end to this atrocity. It was a bold move but someone had to do it. Outside I may have had the appearance of a monster, I may have acted like a monster but inside my heart I was still a human, I still knew what I had to do for my race. I had to vanquish the ultimate thread posed to mankind, vampires. 
My self included, there were only seven vampires. I had decided to kill them all in their sleep. To paralyze them I decided to use garlic. The smell was outrageous. Never in my human life had I developed such hate for garlic. I held it at the end of a very long stick for it to have a minor effect on me.
Using several sticks like these I planted them near the nose of all of them. Their face had become disfigured, showing a very odd look. With this I took advantage of their paralysis and used an extremely long sword to keep my distance from the garlic and ultimately chop their heads off. Soon almost every one of the Vampire Order had died. Now the only one who stood in front of my path for obliterating the critical threat of vampires was Count Machulla himself. 
Sudden thoughts struck my mind as my sword cut through his neck. Was this what he had planned all along? In his subconscious mind, had he seen the potential in me for freeing him of his cursed state? I did not know, neither did I care. The vampires were gone….. all except me. 
I did not plan on killing myself just yet. I wanted to meet my family just one last time before I left this world. The reason for this was because Vampires could neither go to heaven nor hell, they just died. I wanted to utilize some of my everlasting time to meet my sister and parents. Was this alright I had wondered? 
Nevertheless, I went there. They were indeed shocked to see their supposedly dead brother/son but they knew it was me. 
While reminiscing a sudden urge shot up my brain, an urge for blood just one last time before my demise. I approached them in a dazed state of mind. After so much time of drinking blood of humans it had grown to become addictive. It was my drug. My thirst for blood had grown larger and larger after I had betrayed the vampires. 
Just one last drink I thought to myself as I approached my family, just one more time. It was as if I was hypnotized, unable to come back to my senses.
I had grabbed my sister and just as my fangs reached her neck, her desperate scream woke me. Realizing what I was about to do, I quickly took a few steps back. Was I truly about to kill her? 
Without apologizing, without saying I single word I flew out of the house. A tear raced down my cheeks as I realized what had transpired. I knew what I had to do now. Without a shred of doubt in my mind, I reached the execution chamber… 
I am writing this down right now and am about to end my life for the sake of humanity. I just hope someone finds out about my heroics so I could live forever, without using the powers of a vampire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment